04-01-2023, 08:23 PM   #4
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
My question is.. does it make sense to change the front calipers instead of changing my front pads alone? I'm nearly there for a brake service.. and am very tempted to swap the calipers out all together. I know its not necessary for normal driving, but who buys a 500hp compact suv to drive normally..

I've posted this before and people flammed me as a driver problem, but with all due respect.. i drive fucking hard when I want to, have over 5 million kms on my belt and only one accident, when I was a child. I have an M SUV with WAYYY too much power, but the brakes have always been the weak point.. i just want my car to be rounded all around.. acceleration, handling, braking... 2/3 are great.. maybe I just cooked my OEM pads being too enthusiastic when I first bought the car, but i often find that its very easy to hit 180-200km/h repeatedly, almost effortless.. and my car isn't even a competition model (473hp and 440lb torque) and its just way too fast for the brakes on the highway.

Do I just need a new set of pads and have them broken in properly? I recently had my full brake fluid service, which didn't help with the humming after 2-3 repeated high speed stops...am I really the problem? (please refrain from telling me I don't know how to drive, in the spirit of collaboration, i'm not here to compete with anyone.. just trying to figure out how to get the most of my car).. my friends either drive Q5s at 55mph or crazy exotics licked to the ground.. i'm just asking fellow enthusiasts that bought into the same.. max performance, but still capable suv segment.
Appreciate 0