G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTDG42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
I think most people buying a GTR are not the ones worried about the high end interior and super new tech. You buy them to make fast AF with DCT. My brothers is 1300 Wheel and has been bullet proof. The aftermarket is huge for them. It's one of my favorite cars to drive.
All points true at least up to a certain point on the timeline. But here and now, there is a really big question to ask about going down that road with one; Why? Nostalgia, ok. But otherwise, very few good reasons. If your plan was to build a drag strip car from a clapped out CBA, better cars for that for cheaper. If the plan is to have a 9 second cruiser, M3/M4. If you want 1300+ HP 8 second or faster; R8 is path of least resistance and depending on where you stop doesn’t even need an engine or full trans build. I feel like it’s hard to find places to squeeze in a good reason to build a R35 anymore. Ya it’s a fun car; mine is my favorite to drive too, but I 100% would not do it again at this point in time.
I would pick the Nissan over the R8 everyday of the week if your building it. Of course there are tons of cars to choose if your building something for low 9's high 8's. I am looking to acquire an R-34 so I can have it built to my spec and be ready to roll when the 25 year mark hits. .
Appreciate 1
PNTDG42467.50