Thread: X3M V8?
View Single Post
      11-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Now that the G01 M40i is out we have some hard numbers on it (HP, ht, width, weight, HP, torque, 0-60, ...), so it seems possible to run an estimated simulation with what we think the X3M will be able to do in an acceleration curve. But looking at how BMW has handled their upper echelon regular models with their M counterparts, I am not seeing any consistency to allow a good guess. In some of the models the M is shorter and wider, others just shorter, others about the same. In some, the weight is less, and in others it is actually more. Across the board the Cd does seem to be higher so I guessed on that. And based on the X5M I guessed a weight at about 170 lbs heavier.

If you all can provide some guesses for the height and width (which determines the frontal area which is used in the calculations), and the possible torque numbers for 425 HP and 455 HP, I can run the curves some time when I get a chance. Or if you want different HP numbers, it doesn't matter to me, but as it takes a while to set up it would be better for me if we can narrow to two possible M scenarios.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50