View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #218
E55AMG
Rep
Drives: E55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
"At the port" can mean at the VPC in SC or your local VPC apparently (@ least in my experience); mine said at the port for at least 2 weeks and it was already on the train to the west coast...so the tracking system is not accurate...to the west coast it takes about 15 days...East coast a few days....all depends on your location and if the vehicle escaped the production/transport process without damage on final inspection...the final VPC will repair any damage before delivering to your sales center. They must report that to you; it'll be in the VPC report. Your sales center has a copy so request that BEFORE taking final delivery as it may affect your decision. Minor damage is ok by me but something major like a whole side being painted or something is a problem...I found out a lot through this process....I still ended up letting the one that took forever go and simply got another exact build from another sales center (for a way better price) that was taking delivery from the SC VPC the day after I made my deal and it's taken 7 days from east coast to west coast on an enclosed carrier rather than the pony express rail system! I should take delivery day after tomorrow

Sorry Scottie, just saw your PM. Your box is full, will respond if you’re able to clear it.
Appreciate 0