07-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #17
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I have a speedster professional that my wife bought me a few years ago and a Rolex Sea Dweller that I bought for myself 21 years ago when my son was born, both excellent watches both do require some maintenance but well worth it. I bought both watches from a reputable jeweller who specializes in used and vintage. You can pick up either of these watches for under $5K now, they are both classics and both good choices to venture into the hobby, also my son gets the rolex and the omega when I'm gone.....they will last that long if cared for.
That Rolex may last that long even without being well cared for. I have mine serviced periodically, but my father didn't service his ever and it took it some 40 years to literally die.

He had to pay ~$4K to have it repaired (not serviced). Until it died, it was his only watch. Now it's his only watch that he doesn't wear. LOL he bought a replacement watch when the Rolex died.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0