View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 01:11 PM   #18
E36M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 97 M3, '14 335i, '12 X3 35i

The 35i with the N55 is more reliable than the 28i with the N20 that has timing chain issues that will eat the motor if not taken care of. The list is between age and mileage cause related but you should expect all of them to happen. Most of the issues are due to design.

What I didn’t mention are the interior door pulls that are rubber coated also deteriorate and the glove box door cover delaminates and needs to be reglued. The rear view mirrors that are auto dimming on the doors also have age related delaminating that starts to cause a split image and only BMW originals have the correct electroluminescent fluid to auto darken at $340 each just for the mirrored glass with intergrated ribbon cable connections. I tried aftermarket but they didn’t auto darken so I bought the originals. If you buy used ones they are the same age and will have similar issues.

I also guarantee that the LED taillights are not operating like they should because the modules that drive the LED lights were very short lived from the factory. You are change these yourself with aftermarket ones from eBay or Amazon. I bought a pack of 4 and had to change them all as they burned out one by one.
Appreciate 0