X3Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 35i - %E2%80%9821 X3 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmon6691 View Post
I'm curious are you noticing any effects like comfort access not working etc.? I'm just surprised that the symptoms were so bad on my x3 with these, but somehow those awful boards are really the only thing being sold for replacing the LED driver boards
I absolutely am. Mostly ends up being that it doesn't pick up the remote to start the car unless it's quite close to the steering column and the comfort access is flaky.

I also noticed that my remote used to work from really far away and now it works in about a 15 meter distance from the car if I am lucky.

Also, my FM radio reception is not as good as it used to be... especially noticable when going into an underground garage or driving out of town.
I'm using one of the aftermarket led driver boards as well. I tried to repair the original board by re-soldering the known problem area to no avail. A few things I've noticed with the replacement board are below:

1) The remote key is not picked up to start the car like it once was needing to be held at the steering column to start the car.
2) The rear led lights now have a buzzing hum sound when the rear DRL's are on.
3) The AM radio signal gets interference at times now unlike before.
4) The TPS system signals a fault due to interference.

I noticed on the original Valeo board that it has a thick aluminum backplate that may shield the interference signal and/or acts like a heat sink as well.

After noticing this aluminum backplate, I created one for the aftermarket board and at this point the above noticed issues seem to be resolved except for the slight buzzing sound.

Fingers are crossed…
Appreciate 0