View Single Post
      01-22-2022, 10:49 AM   #22
Deano58_BMWX3
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport F25

Appreciate the link Jonmom, great stuff!!

I agree with you that it appears to be at that X227”1V junction. Like I said before I’m kind of flying by the seat of my pants here and also don’t know anything about the JBE encoded process and whether the encoding of the JBE could impact all of the components that are the same LIN_BUS after the passenger seat.

If the JBE encoding isn’t, or couldn’t, be the issue then it appears to make more sense that the issue is with that X227”1V junction. It’s interesting that some of you had the passenger seat (and assuming it would be the rear seats as well) work and then not work. This would indicate that the X227”1V for some reason connected and then disconnected. Although I don’t know what type of connection it is, it could be something like loose wires, corrosion, or maybe even a wire pinch?.

I bought my X3 last year from the original owner and I’m not even sure if the seats even worked when it came from the dealer. Maybe the wire or harness was slightly pinched at the factory?

Once the weather warms up, (I live in Canada – haha) I’m going to try to see what I can find. Maybe by getting into the area of the harness and just moving it around may re-establish a connection? (if that’s the problem). I also may go to the local wrecker and dig into one of the older X3’s they have on the lot and get to the harness to see what the connections look like.

I have to get to the bottom of this – hahaha!!!!!
Appreciate 0