View Single Post
      01-18-2022, 04:54 PM   #6
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MCRN View Post
Are you referring to what I'm referring to? I'm talking about when you lock the doors and the mirrors fold in
Checked my mirrors earlier and concur with Ben's assessment.

Mirror refers to the shell body and not the reflective element.

When the car is locked and the mirrors folded in, the drivers door mirror angle to the car is greater than the passenger side's angle to the car. Thus appearing to not have completed it's folding in process, and stuck in transition.

However when the mirrors are unfolded in the driving position, the driver's door mirror angle to the car is greater than the angle of the passenger door mirror to the car by a few degrees.

So both mirrors when folding cover the same distance but the drivers door mirror starts from further out / a greater angle to the car.

Imagine the drivers door mirror when unfolded is 90 degrees to the car and the passenger door mirror 75 degrees to the car. Both mirrors fold covering 45 degrees , their folded angle to the car is therefore 45deg-drivers mirror & 30deg-Passenger mirror

Interesting observation X3MCRN .. I probably would not have noticed I am keen to see the 3D Camera View from above now, to see if the angle of each mirror is noticeably different, from a birds eye view

Clever thinking that ,, obviously the glass mirror element only has a finite angle of which it can move through. In order to have both glass surfaces pointing backwards just catching the side of the car and as much blind spot either side , I have always found on previous cars to get the best rear view back down the drivers side the mirror is pretty much hard up against its max outward adjustment ... this solution actually resolves that problem This obviously depends on your driving position , the further back your seat the more the problem is exaggerated
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White

Last edited by HoJoRo; 01-18-2022 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 3
r33_RGSport12801.50
X3MCRN174.50