View Single Post
      01-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #3
BrownBoy17
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Welcome to the forum...

Did you have a PPI before purchasing the vehicle? If so, whoever did it, didn't do a very good job since all these items just don't need work all of the sudden. If you didn't have a PPI, you should have to be aware the work that is needed prior to purchasing it.

None of these items will show up in the idrive except maybe the brakes. A independent shop could be 1/2 the price of the dealer. Sorry I don't know of any mechanics to refer you to since I do all my own work, but you could look up bimrs.org to see if there's something in your area. Not sure about a "affordable yet effective" tech since many times you get what you pay for

BTW - Many shops don't want to install parts you bring then since they make a profit off selling the parts as well as them having to deal with parts that may not be the correct ones.
I didn't do any PPI unfortunately. Actually, I don't even know the process of how to do the PPI to begin with. I took a friend who has been driving cars for a while and based on his word, I got the car but I probably shouldn't have done that. I tried looking for at the website you mentioned but couldn't find any. I'm still on the lookout and thank you again for your advice, will definitely keep that in mind.
Appreciate 0