View Single Post
      10-02-2021, 07:10 AM   #1
zrange8cyl
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 f25

Lift BMW X3 f25 off road bigger tires

Okay guys , I have succeeded in lifting my 12 f25 x3 by 3 inches. Primary reason for lifting was to enable better (minimal) off-road capabilities, enhance the aggressive stance and just give an overall beefier off-road appearance. My f25 came OEM with the sports package roof rails and Blacked out trim.
My cosmetic modifications:
yakima ski rack
Yakima wind diffuser w LEDs
Thule 2.5 inch trailer hitch
Thule stainless steel bumper bull bar
Vinyl black roof wrap

Regarding my lift, I stayed within the necessary specs that wouldn’t require major changes to the suspension drivetrain or xdrive, Didn’t even have to swap sway bar links for adjustables.
Lift Components consist of:
-48 mm polyurethane coil over spacers in the front
-40 mm polyurethane coil over spacers in the rear
-new bilstein pro como struts front/rear
-new strut shims and strut mounts
-changed from F25 oem 18 inch +42 offset wheels, to bmw style 335 19 inch +48 offset wheels from the 2012 x5
-upgraded to larger tires : 2654019, to 2555519 pirelli all season run flats (freaking costly but worth the tread and 30mm height increase!)

Results:
Overall added lift height: 3 inches
Total clearance: 11 inches
Wheel Circumference increase: 5% (slight impact of fuel economy and speedometer reading; however, inconsequential imo)
Slight rubbing on the front inner liners at full wheel look. I plan to cut out a bit of liner to mitigate the issue.
ZERO warning indicator lights or issues after 2 weeks of driving and in fact it actually drives/handles significantly better!

Appearance:
I’m heavily biased given my own satisfaction of the new look w/ lift, and compliments from various friends / family. With that said, I am curious as to what other F25 or bmw owners think (ostensibly��).

Photos coming soon

Last edited by zrange8cyl; 10-02-2021 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Added wheel specs
Appreciate 0