View Single Post
      09-15-2021, 07:13 AM   #8
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Mini x 2, Lotus x 4

Hi Guys,

Just answering a few bulk questions here.

I will know in 10 days how much better they work, as I'm back out to the track then. I'm not braking hard enough on the street to notice, but will be on the same track again soon.
Unfortunately I may be on stock pads if my new track pads haven't arrived, but braking should be fine until they get too hot. With any luck the ducting will delay the point at which they overheat too.

Re brackets, I have discussed this with a guy via PM too. Real OEM do not show a seperate part number for the discs and brackets. This leads me to believe BMW may not supply them separately.

I can't say it enough DO NOT buy calipers without brackets thinking you can pick them up later, it is false economy. If buying used, wait for an advert which clearly shows the brackets.
The bracket is small and simple, but having to source them separately or fab them would be a real pain.

There's a few merchants on Ebay selling front and rear calipers, unfortunately I have no experience fitting rear M5 calipers, so can't say whether its also bolt on.

Finally, yep I think the M5 and X5m use the same calipers, so another potential source there.
Appreciate 0