04-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #4
doru
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92, f25, e46, e83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_MAN View Post
I have a 2015 X3 and the Comfort Access stopped working properly.
The doors will unlock with a touch on the inside handle, but the doors won't lock when the ribbon is touched, forcing me to use my key to lock the doors.

At the same time, the remote doesn't work like it use to. I'd have to have the key up close to the handle of the doors to lock it.
Also, the car mostly doesn't detect the key in my pocket so I have to put up up against the steering column for it to detect and then I can start the car.
All these issues are super annoying.

I brought it into BMW and am on the CPO extended warranty.
They told me I need to replace the "Comfort Access Module". They also said it is covered under the CPO warranty but there is a $50 deductible. They'd have to order the part for the next day.

I've read on here that they should replace this for free under warranty. I suppose this is where the CPO warranty is limited to. Also read on here that Comfort Access does not like the cold. It was always garaged in NY before my ownership.

Anybody have experience with replacing the CA modules on these cars?
I have these exact symptoms as you describe with my 2011 335is. it started at the end of last year. I asked around on different forums, and the answers are all over the place. What people said could be the culprit:
a.) New battery in the fob. Done, and no change
b.) Car battery not charged or need changing. My car battery is relative new, AGM and is always charged - every now and then the smart charger is hooked up to the car, especially in weekends. Actually, after I took off the charger after reading this response, there was actually no change.
c.) Changing the antenna. I didn't do this, but I think the antenna works or does not work. It cannot pick up or send signals intermittently.
d.) Your response from BMW to change the CA module. Again, not sure if this is the case. Because if I go to the passenger door, that one seems to work well. Unlike the driver door and the start/stop button.

And I was thinking also it might be related to cold, because it started to act on a cold day. But now we are through this. What component could be damaged?
If by miracle you get to the bottom of this, please post with the resolution.
e83 N52
e46ci M54B25 (e53 N62 - sold, R.I.P. e39 M54B30)
Appreciate 0