View Single Post
      06-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #26
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

My F90 M5 is averaging 24 on the highway here in SoCal and she is a heavy gal at around 4,300 pounds. I know that most people who buy M vehicles are not worried about gas mileage, I know I was not when I transitioned from my F80 M3 to my current M5. Around town I stay around 17 miles to the gallon and on the freeway the best I have done is 26 on a long trip. With a mixture of driving 22 mpg is the average. One would think the X3M would do better but maybe its the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

Our M5 is our fun (third vehicle) vehicle and is driven on the weekends. We bought it over a new Porsche 911 S. The wife of 32 years said she was not comfortable riding in it (911) and she looked me straight in the eyes and stated, " If you think I'm riding in this car to Vegas or our weekend get away your crazy". She also felt the same way in the 2012 Corvette Z06/Z07. I have a work vehicle issued to me so my work pays for the gas. With that being said it can get old spending more time at the gas pump filling up. The wife wants a X3 and she is the frugal one of the bunch. It will be hard time selling her on the gas mileage. Looks like we are back to the X3M40i. Truth be told she said the X3M40i was fast enough and did not need the speed or performance.

I have had many friends that have had performance vehicles that were getting under 15 mpg and after the honeymoon was over they traded it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Egrunt; 06-22-2019 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
Transfer5251.00