View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 04:25 AM   #27
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebigideas View Post
So I have an old unit and harness that I've deconstructed to get an idea of what's what.

On this harness (Mekede) the YELLOW cable (Pin 15) is 12v battery constant.

Underneath that, I have a BROWN cable (Pin 16) which is ACC+, a switched 12v pin.

Above them both is the BMW Illumination cable (Pin 14).

On mine, the YELLOW battery cable is spilt up into two cables (presumably to power the AM reverse camera etc?).

The issue described in this thread is that the 12v B+ and ACC+ are switched in some 7.1 wiring harness units, hence not dimming with headlights ON or AUTO etc.

I have ordered some pin tools and am going to try to remove various cablea until I get a result!

Thank you for your answear. I will look again for the brown cable. I could not find the switched 12 volt when measuring yesterday. I also have Mekede 7.1 unit PX3.

If we have a 12 volt switched cable to the android unit controlling power on and off, i recon it is possible to route this to a nother connection where the 12 volt turns on when unlocking car as the bmw original unit does? So it doesnt turn on and off that fast?

Edit:

I have looked again and no brown cable at all. Where you are describing a brown cable, mine is empty. Mine is a E91 ccc unit.
See picture attached.

Last edited by kalinkamaen; 03-06-2019 at 05:07 AM..
Appreciate 0