01-08-2022, 03:21 PM   #7
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
I think the G8x will be a classic sometime, maybe even more than the F8x (m3/4, the m2s will be popular).

But yeah it was weird to leave out the Clownshoe. I feel like the E61 does not belong in that list (even if the touring is very cool).

850 CSI is one of my favorite cars but not officially an M car. There is only 1 "real" M8 since they never actually went into production with that but to me the 850CSI is as cool as most M cars.

I probably pick the CSL over the CS for the E46. Yes the SMG might not be a manual but its a cool transmission and that car was very loved. It is also common to do a manual swap on the SMG cars even though for the CSL I would leave it as SMG as a cool collectors car.
I never drove an SMG but drove the equivalents in a Ferrari 360 and early Gallardo recently. They are both terrible in comparison to the 2 DCT BMWs I've owned.

However, SMG was probably more engaging and just as good as auto transmissions were are the time. My wife's 2005 330i auto tranny was quite slow to shift. I think SMG would keep me away from the CSL unless it was just a showpiece collector.

I think the list is pretty good. The G80 is growing on me daily and it's an amazing performer. It's so hard to create these lists, you'll always leave off something special.
Appreciate 0