View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 07:36 AM   #37
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuxr51 View Post
I know exactly what you mean by the lag, it drives me insane. I feel like im driving a 70HP SUV.

I personally think it caused by two problems:
1.-The engine has almost no torque below 2000 rpm and the transmission always wants to stay at the highest gear and below 2000rpm

2.- The computer in comfort mode has a delay or input lag built in on purpose.

I have tried flooring it and the revs will not move at all, as if the computer assumed grandma just floored it by mistake.

I swear any car, a honda civic, camry or any old people car is more responsive than this "sports" SUV in comfort mode.
Seriously?

1. 'Torque: 500 Nm (51 mkg / 369 lb-ft) from 1520 rpm to 4800 rpm'. So max torque from 1520 rpm....!

2. It's comfort mode, try putting it in sport.

You tried flooring it and the revs don't move at all? I'm guessing this is an over dramatisation, if not have you tried turning the car on at all?

I had a Honda CRV previously and I can assure you it was NOT more responsive than this 'sports' SUV in comfort mode.

I find it amusing that over 2 pages of complaints no one from the UK has joined in. I guess everyone from the other side of the pond is used to big V8's producing comparatively little power but masses of torque.

For some reason no matter which forum you go on there is always someone complaining about lag in throttle response. I had the same experience on the Audi S3 forum. Numerous people berating how poor the throttle response was and how dangerous it was pulling out in to traffic. I never experienced any of this and at no point did I find myself in a dangerous situation.

Can I speculate that maybe some people buy this car expecting it to be super fast because it has a decent engine in it and therefore it should be able to get out in a gap which isn't really suitable? Then they complain that it should be able to make up for their poor judgement because they have just put themselves in that situation. This is not aimed at anyone I just don't get it. My car is quick for an almost 2 tonne SUV, but I certainly don't think I'm in a sports car.
Appreciate 0