View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #20
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRHEIR View Post
I have an 18 f80 comp and picked up a X3Mc for the wife about 16 months ago. Have about 18k miles on the odometer. ... So in summary don't sleep on this thing. If you need a practical load carrying M vehicle this is the one for you plus it's Lion-O the golden doodle approved. Hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Could not agree more, also coming from an F80 ZCP. ... Just an all around fantastic car.
Agree with both of you. Will add one thing that doesn't get talked about much, maybe since in-depth comparison testing hasn't been done (?) - does the pano roof affect handling? My wife's X3MC was purchased off the lot so it came with the roof (have never opened it), but I custom-ordered mine fully loaded but with the M Driver's package which allowed deletion of the roof (specifically ordered so I could get sans pano).

With about 12K on each of our X3MCs, with much of the mileage in hers as Driver, I've got to say there is a distinct difference in handling between the two, with mine feeling more agile and responsive. One could reasonably argue I'm unconsciously believing it to be true. But I do think if I were blinded and drove two otherwise identical vehicles aside from the roof, with decent seat time in both it would become clear rather quickly which had the pano.

Whether that has to do solely with the 50+ extra pounds sitting at the highest point and affecting CG, or whether the additional bracing used in those with the pano, or a combination of both, hard to tell, but I'd be curious if anyone else has had a chance to extensively drive both and has noticed a difference.
Appreciate 1
AIRHEIR442.50