View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #18
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

I have an 18 f80 comp and picked up a X3Mc for the wife about 16 months ago. Have about 18k miles on the odometer.

Quick overview of the X3M what the car is capable of should not be possible considering it's an SUV. I have had the chance to drive it on the Dragon and all I can say is this thing has loads of grips and wants to pull out of the corners like it's nobody's business. The only knock on it is that it does suffer from turbo lag which is especially noticeable to me coming from the F80.

If I had only 1 M car and needed to haul stuff around the X3M would be the car for me.

I have a golden doodle that fits perfectly fine in the cargo area. I have the spacer saver spare which takes away some of the height available but otherwise there is plenty of room for stuff.

All the reviews that bash it for a stiff ride should not be driving this type of car. Is the ride stiff? Compared to what ?

My m3 then no.....if we comparing to regular x3 then yes. But then why wouldn't it be...if it's going to have a M badge on it and a proper M motor I also expect it to corner like an M and the only way to get there will be stiffer ride. So all these whiny "journalists" that complain about harsh ride are completely lost.

Recently we had about 10 inches on the ground and I have the snow tires fitted and this thing went everywhere. I got to work faster because no one on the road plus I was easily able to travel at higher speeds with full confidence in its abilities.

So in summary don't sleep on this thing. If you need a practical load carrying M vehicle this is the one for you plus it's Lion-O the golden doodle approved. Hehe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
AlexFL7833.00
spuntyb4051.50
Max Well4690.50
boi222170.00
Dobie Dog737.50
Wills28618.00