Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
Since you’ve surely driven both, can you give a quick comparison of how the drive and feel of the X3MC compares to the X5MC? For someone in the market for one or the other.
Ah man.. now that is a hard question... since driving a ton of the models lately, my dream garage has been an M2 CS on one side, and an X5M Comp on the other.

But, you ask a STELLAR question.

First the X5M Comp feels big.. doesnt drive BIG if you know what I mean, but feels big, and I was honestly impressed by it for handling, quickness and ease of the drive. I immediately wanted one honestly.

The X3M Comp.. definitely smaller than the X5 (duh, I know) but in Sport Plus everything was just SILLY in power application. For only a brief drive and not knowing the car well, it was almost too much.. like sport plus everything, hit it a LITTLE and holy crap good god, sorry residential or downtown street kinda fast.

I guess choosing between the two really depends on how you would use it. If I needed an SUV, but could only have one car.. I would probably take the X3Mc simply to be slightly smaller, a little closer to the small wheel base (M2C etc) that I love so much. Not out of any criticism of the X5Mc, but more trying to find the best of both worlds, size and power.

If it was a second car where the other side of the garage is the M2 or small wheel base good weather M car.. well I would do the X5Mc instead for sure. The thought of loading up 5 people, plus gear and even stuff on the roof and tearing the tires off level performance is rather enticing.

I will also say I think between the X3 and X5, the X5 looks more aggressive especially with dark colors.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 2