United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlastairM View Post
I decided the Stelvio wasn't for me within seconds of sitting in one. Seriously nasty and cheap feeling.
Yes, while their engines are nice it lacks in quality and basic durability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPsedan View Post
Nice review, interesting to hear the areas where the audi is lacking or bmw is lacking from an Owner's POV. Did not know that about the reverse lights. That sounds like something BMW would have done a few years ago.
2018s really got screwed over on the steering wheel.
I agree I'm, not sure why Audi has full LED fog/reverse lights for RoW vehicles but not in the US. I replaced mine with proper LED bulbs anyway because it bothered me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLX3M40i View Post
Thanks for spending the time to write this out. Nicely done 👍🏼😀
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Nice review but is the Macan really that more,superior? The Stelvio seems to be the real benchmark would put outside steering feel the M40i is almost on par with the Macan
Well, the Macan handles like a dream and feels akin to a sedan, not an SUV so in that regard yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegieX View Post
Audi looks like an appliance.
It sort of drove like one too at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
We are cross shopping the SQ5 and X3 M40i right now, and agree with a lot you have to say. The BMW feels just a tad "sharper" in the handling department, but feels a bit smaller inside. I don't think it is smaller, it just feels that way to me.

The SQ5 we drove had the sports package and tended to hobby-horse when getting on and off the gas, which was a bit odd. I REALLY like the SQ5 red interior with black carbon trim, though.

I'm not sure that Quattro "destroys" X-drive. I hear that all the time, but we've owned an SQ5 and an X3 35i, and both get us around in the snow with all-seasons just fine. My wife commented that the X3, hands down, out handles the SQ5.

We decided that either of these SUVs would work for us, as they are really both great "cars".
The SQ5 was so stable with Quattro taking corners was boring. Even with DSC off the car was still on rails unless you really hit a slippery surface. Meanwhile, my M40i can throw the back end out with DSC on if you really want and to me, that's more enjoyable. I hope that clears thing up My SQ5 was fully loaded except for the weird Dynamic Steering.
Appreciate 1
RegieX36.00