pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by udunn23 View Post
Yea that's what I was thinking and I know on some older models it is on a hose near the radiator, however I didn't notice one on this model (unless I didn't look close enough).

I wonder if this is the sensor (#13)? http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4451

At this point since its seems like the pump and tstat have a short life span on these vehicles and with the mileage where it is its not unlikely that they're shot or close to going. I'm just replacing them myself and we'll see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't fix it then at least I know I can get around 50k+ out of them before they go.

I am looking into a scanner though for future problems.

I'll update after this weekend after the pump and tstat are in and if those fix the problem, fingers crossed!

The pump and tstat might have a short life span, but turning the a/c on is not going to magically make them work properly. If it were me, I would not be changing those parts without first fixing the real problem with the fan not coming on unless the a/c is on. Like I said, there is most likely a sensor that tells the fan to turn on, I would be researching that before just swapping out parts that most likely are working properly therefore will not fix the problem. Is the oil temp going way up when it start to overheat?

I'm curious what you find out since I just bought a 2011 35i so this info may come in handy one day.
Appreciate 0