View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 09:53 PM   #35
maximumeffort
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x3 M40i

I have to put my 2cents in as I just got a new X3 M40i .

I had a Jaguar F-Pace S that recently got bought back due to lots of electrical problems as well as an engine failing. I've been researching cars for almost 3 months and never even gave the BMW X3 a choice as I didn't think I could afford it, but for an extra $70 a month it was a no brainer.

I looked at : (I did not look at Porsche as the one I'd want is over $100K to be comparable).
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Audi Q5/SQ5
BMW X3 30i/m40i
Lexus RX350
Porsche Macan
Land Rover Velar S/380S
Mercedes GLC43

Until I test drove the X3 M40i, the Audi Q5/SQ5 was the best choice..
Until I had a more in-depth test of the voice recognition system and infotainment system of it.

Tops :
Performance : BMW X3 M40i, nothing even came close.
Driveability (light throttle, in town, torque feel): BMW X3 M40i & Audi SQ5.
Stereo : Audi SQ5
Digital Infotainment : This is 2 tiered.
The Audi has the BEST digital cluster system (virtual cluster setup only).
The BMW has the best voice recognition and adjustable options on any car. When I press the voice button I can daisy chain commands like google voice and it works 100% of the time. No other car was able to do this. The digital cluster in the BMW is also nice, but has no navigation/map display like the Audi.
HUD Display : BMW, hands down.
Exhaust Sound : BMW X3 M40i
Headroom (I am 6'3" tall) : BMW X3 M40i
Rear Legroom : BMW X3 M40i
Rear look : BMW X3 M40i since it uses a REAL exhaust, not fake like Audi.
Price : Audi and BMW were the most expensive (Other than Velar S380), but BMW gave me a deep discount on their last M40i on the lot with 70 miles. It was only missing the Adaptive Cruise Control, Wifi Hotspot/Wireless charging and HK stereo upgrade and still got it for $5K under the price the Audi SQ5 was going to be from 2 dealers in the state.

I drive a lot and love driving, this BMW is my first but man, o man. I am impressed. Hopefully the electronics will keep working and no issues come up.

Last edited by maximumeffort; 03-17-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 2