View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #29
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I wanted to bump this.....

Bec, I was just given a X3 M40i as a loaner and did not even know what it was.

Pretty impressive vehicle and I was pleasantly surprised with it. Most of the tech discussed here is what BMW is offering these days so I won't get into it.

I was very impressed by the exhaust note, acceleration and the size of this thing. BMW did a very nice job with this.

US spec tail lights really bugged me (combined brake and turn signal indicators) but so does the one on SQ5. I swapped both the headlights and tail lights to Euro Specs. Euro spec headlights made a very big difference as their aim is different than what DOT allows.

I wanted to add a perspective from MKI SQ5 point of view as I think Audi nailed it with the 1st gen SQ5. I custom ordered a 2014 SQ5 when they 1st came out and still loving it to this day. My test drive of the gen 2 SQ5 was pretty short as I was very unimpressed by it and as a geared, I am not buying a vehicle with fake exhaust tips!

Technology aside, if one is considering X3 M40i, I recommend test driving a MKI SQ5 as a comparison. Performance wise its all there and it might save you tons of $$$ by going with a used SQ. Its interior quality is impressive, they still look good and performance is definitely up to par with the X3.

But if you are one of those folks who are more interested in buying an electronic gizmo vs a vehicle of course go with the new X3. It sure was a very impressive vehicle.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0