02-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Thanks Sfax, the dealer says its gone from 1100 to 1200 whatever that means, but it basically prevented them from making any changes. Working in IT, I suggested that if they actually picked up the phone rather than rely on 'Computer says no' then it should be possible. How hard can it be to put a different wheel on a car thats not due until May!
Not sure on the status numbers but as a guide, mine was supposed to be due early Feb and the "lockdown" on changes happened at the start of Jan. I made changes on about Dec 15, and I think I could have made changes up until Dec 31 based on what was said. If you are 3 months away from the delivery date I don't see how they can say you can't make any changes.

If what they are saying is true you should expect to see it go into production this week and they should already have a VIN for your car. Perhaps that is the case and your delivery estimate is pessimistic? End of production (status departed plant) to delivery date for my order is approx 40 days.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0