08-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #48
AngeloUCF
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 X5 40i, '19 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
Seriously?

For some reason no matter which forum you go on there is always someone complaining about lag in throttle response. I had the same experience on the Audi S3 forum. Numerous people berating how poor the throttle response was and how dangerous it was pulling out in to traffic. I never experienced any of this and at no point did I find myself in a dangerous situation.

Can I speculate that maybe some people buy this car expecting it to be super fast because it has a decent engine in it and therefore it should be able to get out in a gap which isn't really suitable? Then they complain that it should be able to make up for their poor judgement because they have just put themselves in that situation. This is not aimed at anyone I just don't get it. My car is quick for an almost 2 tonne SUV, but I certainly don't think I'm in a sports car.
My wife has a '19 X5 and previously a '16 X5 and I have no such complaints with either vehicle with the similar 6cyl engine. Clearly you haven't experienced or don't notice what others have, but it has happened to me many times (not all the time but quite often). I will press the accelerator from a stop and nothing happens for a second or two and then the car lunges forward like I floored it. Because it doesn't happen every time it's unpredictable and that's what makes it a bit dangerous.
Appreciate 0