11-18-2020, 08:00 AM   #33
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Those drag races match my experience with the X4M competition: lot of lag and lack of low-end torque, but good top-end power.

All in all, I found that S58 engine to be not very usable on public roads, to be honest, I was not impressed.

On the other hand, I was impressed by the chassis and brakes of the X4MC.
LOL what? Unless you are trying to achieve 1/4 mile times stoplight to stoplight this is a ridiculous statement. Lag and all the S58 engine will dust off pretty well any other vehicle on the streets at part throttle as I know well as it happens every day I drive this vehicle where part throttle pretty well keeps me ahead of all traffic from light to light. The engine is still extremely responsive and gets going very quickly as the only time you notice any lag is if you are flooring it from a stop which is something that shouldn't happen too much on public roads. Considering most people lie or bend the truth on the internet I'm beginning to wonder just how many people have actually driven the car and how many are simply lying because I have still yet to see a review (watch the videos from savagegeese or Matt Farah where they spend most of the review talking about the stupid fast power) of these vehicles where the reviewer brings up lag as a negative yet because a couple of random people on the internet decided it had lag it's kind of snowballed on this forum with people with no experience with this engine making nonsensical declarations like this. The rolling 5-60 mph time of 4.7 seconds (a test of how the engine would respond in normal driving) of these vehicles still annihilates 99% of vehicles on the road so I would advise that anyone reading to keep that in mind before latching on to ridiculous statements like above or maybe at least take the opinions of actual owners over people that claim they test drove one. Not saying everyone that says they test drove a car is lying but when you read a statement like this about a vehicle I own and know very well it definitely sets off my alarm bells.

Here's a Motortrend comparison that shows just how much the X3M punches over its weight class;

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...n-test-review/

Quote:
"It drives much faster than only 503 hp would have you believe," Lieberman said. "It pulls hard, and then over 6,000 rpm it really starts pulling. Beast of a motor." M3 and M4 owners will be quite happy when this engine makes its way into the upcoming G20-edition M3.
Johnny Lieberman drives pretty well every new car out there including that great Mercedes engine that placed behind the X3M in this comparison. You think he would say above about a an engine that isn't usable on public roads? The best thing about the G80 M3/M4 being released is that this engine will be far more common and we can move on past the internet falsehoods.

Last edited by heavyD^2; 11-18-2020 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 4
kozzi927.00
clee1982797.50