Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thank you for the kind words, kozzi. I'll work on adding the vehicles you mention and add to the Wt/HP spreadsheet. And regarding the X3 M40i HP, if it is the same engine and just a matter of tweaking, is that something they can modify fairly easily in an LCI version? They may be waiting to get the X3M out and possibly still deciding on its HP, or do you think it is already set for the M?
I don't think it is yet set in stone for the X3M. Just by looking at your charts, you can easily see why the upcoming S58 with close to 500HP is what it will take to lead the pack. 430HP is just not going to cut it, even with the weight savings. The obvious exception would be the Jeep GC Trackhawk with 700HP but that is in X5M territory. The Stelvio QV is Macan size and when they can hold 5 adults and 5 suitcases, they can give me a call and sit in this class...IMO.

As far as the LCI is concerned, BMW always seems to play games with their internal HP outputs so they do not disturb the performance hierarchy set by price point. Their philosophy is that there is no way you can have an X3M that is faster and outperforms an X5M, even if it's on it's last year of production before the new CLAR version debuts. This holds true across the entire line from the 1 series-6 series and the X variants from X1-X6. It is frustrating to watch BMW not unleash her full performance potential across all lines.

I am looking forward to keeping an eye on this thread and your analysis. Here's to hoping BMW gives us 500HP in the X3M.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 1
Max Well4690.50