Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwwgn View Post
I know I'm not crazy, and I EXPECT the X3M to have wider rubber... but don't the 20" wheels look the same to everyone? I can tell the rears stick out more for one, as they're probably wider as well (maybe a 20x10 instead of a 20x9.5)... (see bottom of PAGE 1) but they look wider than just a 255F/285R from a 245F/275R. Anyone know anything about the shoes under the X3M?
Your guess is as good as mine. The rubber definitely appears wider and I am assuming the 20" wheels here are not production but a set that is available to the G01 (699M) and being used on the F97 mule just for testing.

It also seems that there is no suspension drop and no signature M fender flares that could be causing issues with the aerodynamics / CD. Open air breathers anyone?

Grilles appear to be similar to the G01 but are they active? You would expect the front end to be more aggressive than the M40i but I see the same "wavy honeycomb" plastic and slit in the front end. The holes across the bottom are a new addition.

These are just quick observations and will reserve judgment until it is officially released. It would be a nice surprise to see it at the NYIAS but doubt it.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0