12-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #49
D69GMB
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
Interesting. I have only driven F15 40d and G01 30d, and when comparing the numbers with G01 M40d, it's not that much of an increase. (Mostly interested in the torque really).

So what is your take really between 30d and 40d, on G01/G02 platform? The whole power delivery thing? Did the 30d have M sport package?

/n
The figures don't show the hole truth, I drove the car today over a very varied set of roads from motorway to fast A roads and also twisty minor roads. I didnt notice any real difference on the motorways but when punching out of relatively slow corners I felt the added traction from the M differential and the extra torque was just incredible. The way the car pulls from say about 30mph up to well above the legal limit is very impressive. I don't think the X4 rides as well as the X3 it felt a lot more jiggly and disturbed over the same roads and yes the X3 was Msport and both cars have had the 21 inch wheels. The deal I am getting on the X3 40d is only marginally more expensive than a similar spec 30d so it is a no brainier due to the extra equipment and performance that the 40d has.
Appreciate 1
nogren327.00