View Single Post
      05-22-2023, 02:06 PM   #50
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
"The reports also claimed that Ferrari Chairman John Elkann is directly involved in the negotiations, and ready to pay up to $50-Million to ensure the Mercedes veteran puts pen to paper. [...]
One could argue that the extent of Mercedes’ success with the new upgraded car would be a factor in Hamilton making his decision, keeping in mind that it would be a brave decision for the winner of 103 grands prix to head over to Ferrari given the sorry state they are in right now, unless he uses his discussions with Elkann as leverage in his negotiations with Wolff to get him to sign a fat paycheck for the contract extension."

"Report: Ferrari preparing $50M offer to lure Lewis Hamilton from Mercedes"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/re...-Mercedes.html
""I'd be lying if I said I'd never thought about ending my career anywhere else," Hamilton said at the Miami Grand Prix earlier this month. "I started at McLaren, I'd like to think I'll always be a part of the McLaren family, I started there when I was 13 years old, so I thought about what it would look like if I was at McLaren one day.
"I thought about and watched the Ferrari drivers on the screens at the track and of course you wonder what it would be like to be in red. But then I go to my team, to Mercedes, and this is my home.
"I'm happy where I am. I haven't signed a contract yet, but we are working on one.""

Name:  Leclerc_RB.png
Views: 1202
Size:  1.02 MB

Name:  Leclerc_Mercedes.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  219.9 KB