02-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #90
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
I bought my car because I liked it. I liked the way it looked, I liked the way it drove, and I liked the way it made me feel. But by reading this thread I have come to the horrible realization I have made a terrible mistake... Little did I know I have purchased a plebeian carriage, a lowly base model 335i, suitable only for the unwashed masses. (sob)(tear rolls down cheek) I gotta go, I have to hide BMW's version of a Yugo under a tarp in the backyard so my neighbors won't have pity on me...
Since 1988 I've managed to own four BMWs, none of which have had an extra M badge somewhere on the body. I've somehow managed to keep my self esteem. Maybe ///M is now just a participation trophy?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
xQx902.50