10-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
Walkabout
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 & F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poosamjam View Post
+1 the 5 GT the x4 and the x6 have all got to go. Or at least keep only one of them.
No offence intended, but this is a "typical" statement from Americans, just thinking about what models you need in your country, with really no car taxes and gas almost for free.

However, I agree that BMW should stop making the GT models - they are horrible. As far as I know though, the touring is not available in US, that's probably why there is a market for the GT. In Europe we have the sedan and the touring. BMW should have made the touring available in US rather than sticking with the GT series, which is just confusing.

I believe the X4 has a big market, especially in Europe. The "problem" with the X6 is that it is an expensive car that needs a 3 litre engine, which is a "big motor" here in Norway at least. The same with the X5.

The X4 will be the little brother of the X6, just as the X3 is the little brother of X5. The X4/X6 is more sporty than the X3/X5. A X4 will be an option for those in need for a sporty car, but with some more ground clearance and xDrive. When the X6 at least need 30d, the X4 will have plenty of power with the 20d.

A X6 30d will probably cost around 200.000 dollars here in Norway with some extra equipment, and I guess the X4 20d with the same equipment will be available for around 110.000 dollars. All due to high taxes on CO2 emission and horse power on the 30d compared to the 20d.

So for those in Europe, and especially countries with high taxes like Norway, the X4 will be a great alternative for those who find the X3 a bit boing and not sporty, and who doesn't want to spend 1.5 x the amound of an American M5 on a X6 or X5 30d... The F11 520d cost almost the same here in Norway as the M5 does in America, think about that.
Appreciate 0