10-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
AnOldBiker
Jim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 XDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1980mac View Post
Thank you for your insights. I had no idea that oil based filters could hurt turbos. First time I've heard.

I reached out to Arma, and here's what they said:

Me: Can you tell me more about it? Any specs? Is it better or the about the same as the K&N replacement?

Them: Unlike the KN filters which have the metal netting holding the filter in place, Arma filters use an aluminum alloy frame to hold the filtration foam in place. This results in less air flow blockage and restriction into your engine. Also, Arma's filter design is a 3-dimensional filter instead of a flat panel design like KN, so there is more surface area for the filtration system. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks

The replacement filter is available for purchase, however, it is a special order item that will be shipped directly from Arma Speed's factory. MSRP on the filter is $65 + $10 shipping. If you can give me your shipping zip code, I can get you an accurate shipping time.

Sorry, but I just noticed something in the last statement you published from Arma. Foam ??? All the other aftermarket filters I bought was cotton material. Will this foam, as they mentioned, not dry out and fall apart over time, being sucked in to the turbo ?
Appreciate 0