View Single Post
      03-20-2022, 11:06 PM   #14
10SecGG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G82 X-Drive,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMiller View Post
Cool, never heard of him but will check him out. Did he mention why he recommends stock dps with these aggressive tunes, meaning we're adding 150+HP?
Do check him out... I loaded my .3 rev today, and so far, it's bad ass! Could be the weather, could be he found the issue... dunno??!?!?! But, it's a stout tune thus far! I'm cautiously optimistic and will continue to log data until my event the first weekend of April.

I hope he found my problem, but as you and I both know, it is a slippery slope in the world of tuning a new platform! As an aside... I've been consistently using a formula of E-77 as a standard for my E content mix based on what most of my friends say about our fill station.. Today, I was filling up to test my rev#3 and a guy, who luckily enough had a test kit said the E was a full E85!!!

Soooooo I adjusted my fill, and did a few test hits, and OMG!!! Car pulls like a freight train, and best of all... No fault codes! Could be a combo of tuner homing in on the perfect tune, and warmer weather like the above poster suggested. I don't know, but I'm as happy as a clam today. Will update and this tune progresses, but so far it's very good.

One point for the poster who asked about why my tuner doesn't recommend downpipes? Quite simply, these motors don't benefit from downpipes until you get serious with a tune. To be blunt, you don't need to gap plugs, waste money on filter's downpipes, or anything snake oil related until you surpass an E50ish tune. Take to for what it's worth... I've already ran 158mph in the 1/2 mile and 10.65@131mph with nothing more than a simple tune.
Appreciate 1