09-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #149
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Update - 1,000 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Question: does music sound. Lot better when you play it from the usb stick vis-à-vis Spotify via Bluetooth? I'm assuming it does, but I want your input. I haven't tried it yet!
After researching and trying out different methods, we've ended up keeping FLAC for our album files playing through the USB-C port, and for streaming we've gone with HD (also hard-wired). Bluetooth works fine, and TBH we probably wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two if tested. But as it's so easy to just plug in the cable, why not go with what is arguably the best transfer method for audio data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
Does the LCI have the same ride quality? I hear the pre-LCI rides harshly.
Definitely not the same ride at the 1,000 mile mark. I've actually caught myself in the past 100 miles checking to make sure I'm still in Sport across the board, and then making sure I'm not losing tire psi, it has been that different. And these are on roads which I routinely travel and know exactly which bumps and potholes and repairs to avoid. And it really has seemed to improve in just this 1,000 mile timeframe.

To summarize, the LCI is a definite improvement in many respects - early low acceleration, tech, suspension, cabin appointments and overall 'fit and finish'. Some may debate the rear light design (and I'd be included), but this is a well-done step forward by M with this model. They've clearly listened to the suspension and early lag complaints so kudos to them.

At some point if they would allow at least M Enthusiasts to option out of the utilitarian roof rails for a cleaner performance aesthetic like the F96, I'm in...
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
HoJoRo315.50
V8MAN497.50
LeopardM3232.50