11-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #100
hardparker
Father of Frankenfold
Rep
Drives: Yo daddy's 2014 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
Just a heads up that the 370mm F30 M Performance brakes DON'T fit the F25. Someone had posted a link to some Taiwanese shop's Facebook page with what looked like that setup. Either they had a good machinist in house or it was a fraud. The exact picture in that shop's original Facebook post has since disappeared.

It turns out that the rotor hub bore diameters are different. The F25 has a smaller ~75mm bore for the rotor hat, while the M Performance brakes are ~81mm. You can see the temporary spacer I made with 12ga copper wire to test other aspects of fitment. A hubcentric spacer about 3mm wide would be needed.

But that's not the big problem. The real issue is that the brake mounting tab spacing is completely different, with the spacing between centers about half an inch wider on the F25. A custom bracket would be required to make this setup work.

Laterally, the spacing seems fine. But it's moot, since a bracket would be needed.

Attached Images