View Single Post
      07-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Ciao and congrats on your order. I had an '18 M40i fully loaded and an X3MC on order now. My thoughts based on my experience.......

1. I thought the moon roof really added a feeling of openness to the vehicle even when it was closed. There is an electric shade that you can close when parked that does a great job of keeping the heat down. Weight? Yeah, 200 lbs lighter without it, but I don't care that much to go without it. I ordered it my second time around.
2.Ventilated seats were noisy on high but not on low and still helped. Leather can be quite warm. I couldn't hear the ventilated seats when I cruised with the windows down, which I do often, and it made it that much more comfortable; I got them again.
3.Rear shades are cool if you have kids. They block even more light and look a helluva lot better than a my little pony window shade stuck to the glass. I got them again.
4. Gesture control--most reviewers I've seen called it a gimmick. I actually loved it and miss it in my rental while I await my new car. And yes, my rental has the commands on the steering wheel. I just liked it. What can I say? I'm getting it again.
5. The cameras are stealth and would probably require someone to point them out to you the first time before you could find all of them on your own.Not to mention, the 360 degree view they provide is a leader in its class.

Enjoy the new car. This is just my 2 cents.....

Last edited by MrItaly; 07-19-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0