United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
You have no idea whether I've had investors or not

Well did you?

Quote:
But we all know that Fisker has run two failed companies, taken hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money and flushed it away, and has lost tens of millions more for his credulous investors. He's actually made Bricklin and DeLorean look like Henry Ford. As I mentioned before, since he left Aston Martin the only thing he's done well is to raise money, pay himself handsomely, and lose everyone else's investment. I wouldn't call that a "magnificent vision." I'd call it close to securities fraud.
Well as they say, history is written by the winners, and he definitely failed in the end. But his vision was not to pay himself handsomely, but rather to create something new and unique. He didn't get involved with cocaine like DeLorean so you're just being mean. I meant successful.

Quote:
The Karma was a disaster when Fisker decided it had to weigh as much as a Cadillac Escalade and needed a large ICE to power the batteries. It was a flawed concept but he didn't pull the plug on it because he wanted to remain employed as long as he could.
Not really. He piggy backed onto GM's technology knowing that GM was using it in the Volt, and that they would develop and sustain it for the future, just like they are doing now. What did him in was the collapse of his battery supplier, and he didn't have the deep pockets to re-engineer for another supplier, it's as simple as that.

Tesla also went through some truly shaky times, but they survived because Elon Musk has poured ungodly amounts of cash into the business. The world is waiting with baited breath to see when Tesla will become profitable, it's extremely difficult to create such large scale enterprises from scratch.

Quote:
While Fisker designed the lines of cars well, he was a failure at running a car company. And his first effort, to re-skin Mercedes SLs and BMW 6 series, demonstrated that he didn't know how to run a company.
Not really. His first effort was to raise awareness, funds and start building expertise for the second venture. It was never meant for long term.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0