09-09-2022, 11:42 AM   #28
paulsmiths
Auto Glass Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pizzle View Post
My X3M had a decent windshield rock chip that acquired over the winter coming back from a skiing trip... with the warmer temps in Seattle recently it spidered out and now is a nice crack in the upper part of the windshield. Frustrating as this happened on a very snowy day coming down the mountain (I have winter tires on) and a reckless driver was passing cars on a double yellow line road and cut in front of me and kicked up the rock. Not like he can really go anywhere as it was a long procession of cars going at safe speeds for the conditions. Grrrrrrrr... can't express my frustration enough but I digress...

In any case, has anyone had their windshield replaced and have some advice? I don't want to get one of the Japanese windshield replacements that come from Safelite or similar, but rather as close to OEM as possible. Any recommendations?
In my opinion, you must use laminated glass for windshields. More and more companies are starting to use laminated glass for side and rear windows. The combination of laminated and tempered glass is certainly possible but very difficult. And if you are from San Diego then I recommend you to contact with Cali Glass N Tint. They have high-quality windshields.
Appreciate 0