Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjones654 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwtsn View Post
As far as I know it's not because I mentioned the ECU update for the O2 sensor and he confirmed that is the issue but BMW have yet to issue the fix and are waiting on official instructions was his words .....
Brilliant so could be waiting weeks !!!
So my situation is that I took some extra discount and some more freebies to get a Nov registration for the deal. It is now essentially my car, I have the V5 etc... but it is at the dealer as I don't want to collect it until the end of the month due to Christmas visitors etc.... I have it in writing that all the insurance etc... is fine as it is in the lot with them on their insurance and mine is already paid for to start on my pick up date.

It sounds like:
1. There is a fault identified
2. Anyone who already has their car will likely need to take their car back to BMW to be rectified (once it is confirmed how to do this)
3. Anyone who is yet to collect their car will be unable to as a cautionary measure.

In my case I guess I have virtually collected the car so should be able to collect as planned albeit knowing that there is a fault with the car???
Appreciate 0