View Single Post
      11-25-2019, 11:53 PM   #35
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkjeld View Post
After going to two BMW mechanics who wasted my time and money, I finally just decided to replace the TC with a refurbished unit. After googling a full morning researching the best unit out there, I wound up with a rebuilder in Corona California. As part of my due diligence, I spoke with a few garages that have been using these units, and they raved about the work. $1000 delivered. Then it got crazy again. The huge disparity in R/R costs. From $600 to $2200, for the same job. The $600 estimate seemed ok, since the shop had been working on my friends Porsches and MBs for decades. But when they got into the job, they decided the exhaust bolts looks too fragile and they warned me they may break the bolts then need to drill out and tap new holes in order to get the exhaust back on. I backed out of it. Called the rebuilder asking him about this. His response was quick and clear. You don’t need to remove the exhaust, just a hanger bracket. He told me to come down to Corona and he’d do it in a few hours. So I did. Dropped it off at 9am, played 9 holes at a nearby golf course, the car was ready by noon! Drives like a new car now. The charge? $400 out the door.

Really recommend this Steven’s product and his work. He does transfer cases for X3 and X5s. Really nice guy too.

http://www.tcbmwx5.com/
This guy is awesome he is the best at rebuilding these and has the best prices he’s done to BMW X.3 transfer cases for me. Thousand dollars less than other mechanics would charge.