View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #81
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I did 2 more runs today. If you don't want me cluttering your post, please let me know. I figured it would be easier than 30 people making their own post. X3M *non comp. Just filled up full tank 93 octane. Actual DA was -56'. Ran in Sport+, sport suspension, D3, DSC off 4WD. 850 miles on the car. No LC, just brake boosted a bit. I still don't know how to LC. From what I have read you need to be in S3, push the gas down to the floor while on the brake and it enables LC and will shift automatically even though it's in S3? Jeeze, talk about complicated. ... If I ever figure out LC it may be closer to 11.7-11.8s.
Thanks for sharing, RoyB. Your data entry isn't cluttering this thread - its exactly the reason I started it - to provide a single reference where all times can be viewed without having to search through pages of older single threads. It makes sense for some to start their own thread to share more details (as I did with my Gainesville Raceway runs), but I've tried to go back and capture the data from those who haven't also posted here and then link to their original threads.

Regarding the LC, it's straightforward if you follow onfireX5's suggestions to simply make it your M2 setting: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=14 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Big difference between just hitting the gas and LC. But interesting that the above post shows 12.0 with just a little brake boost and the others further up have leisurely 60' times and almost 1 second slower in the 1/4 mile. Oddly inconsistent.
Multiple causes for the ‘inconsistency’ if I’m understanding your point correctly, trey100. Simple ‘stoplight’ digs with right foot on the brake, then mash on accelerator limits issues mainly to DA, track, octane, weight, tires – but not on the process. That should easily be reproducible globally. Example – look at my data in post 68 from Nov 25th - Sp+ stoplight – with DA 978 – ET 12.655s, 115.92mph, and 0-60 foot interval 2.335s. Then my run in post 69 with the same settings 8 Feb 2020 – DA now -361, yet ET 12.615s, 116.09mph and 0-60 foot interval 2.333s. Almost identical.

The problem comes when comparing ‘brake boost’ (and I’d suggest even LC) across runs, even by the same Driver on the same day. Brake boost is just a modification of LC, right? Building boost so that ‘lag’ (I’m using that term loosely here) isn’t there at the dig. But how long does one hold that? And to what RPM was it held at? And for LC, how long was it held for? And what tire pressures and surface type are the tires using to lay the power down? All of those variables become crucial for the end results. And add to that the slope errors in Dragy (if that is what is being used as the comparison as RoyB shared), and you realize quickly this is far from an exact science. Oddly inconsistent, perhaps. Understandable as to why, yes.

Still makes for interesting discussion, nonetheless.
Appreciate 0