View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #8
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Truth, my brother! In the meantime, people are crazy for not exploiting the discrepancy in perception/reality. The deals are unreal right now for very good vehicles. I've owned 4 Porsches, 4 AMGs, 2 Ms, 3 Mercedes, 2 Audis, 3 BMWs, 1 VW, etc...and the Alfas are the most fun driving yet.

If you haven't driven a Quadrifoglio (Giulia or Stelvio) for an extended test drive (more than a 4 mile beat) then try one out. It is a hell of car. Sort of like merging an M3 with an RS5 taking the best attributes from each...except for the infotainment, but even there, I actually prefer simplicity to complexity because cars are like...for driving!

The Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio vs. BMW X3M vs. AMG GLC63 vs. Jaguar F Pace SVR vs. Porsche Macan Turbo Performance Pack comparison tests are going to be epic. Great time to be alive!
Thanks for sharing your experience with this excellent line-up of performance SUV/SAVs, mcc3456 - always helps to hear from those with some miles in the vehicles and not just reviews or some potentially slanted views from Forum issues.

With that said, though, I would respectfully continue to maintain that for those of us who need the cargo volume, only the F-Pace SVR is a contender to the X3M in your grouping. If you had written X4M instead, well, that would be a comparison. But the AS Quad, GLC, Macan will never enter into the equation for those of us needing/desiring these performance SUVs for their interior hauling capacity. We really only have the SVR for a true apples-apples performance and cargo hauling comparison. The Cayenne and X5M enter the next size realm, so for us, it really is just the X3M or SVR.
Appreciate 1
ando2002.00