View Single Post
      09-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #11
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Yes nice setup I have this on my X3M and the full evo on my M8 as well. Not sure if the added midpipes are equal to a full evo system (due to certifications) since this is the first lower end M car I have owned and Akra doesnt do evo systems for them. Usually the evo system matches the factory with additional silencers equivalent to the factory setup. My midpipes for the x3m were essentially straight pipes. Anyways still love the sound and a big improvement over stock in sound and appearance. Curious your thoughts on BBS wheels as they are well made but not always the lightest. I ended up with Vossen for the first time as I usually do HRE.

Noushy
I'm a big BBS fan and if you look at my post history I have posted pics of many sets on my other cars. I am new to the X3M section of the forum but have been around since 2009 (mostly in the e9x M3 section). Many BMW's and BBS wheels.

The LM isn't the lightest wheel in their lineup but it's certainly lighter than the OE wheels, forged and very strong. BBS makes some of the lightest wheels on the planet (lighter than HRE and other Forged wheels). The FI-R in particular is insanely light, as well as their forged magnesium wheel for Porsche. Additionally BBS uses a Die forging process which presses the wheels in their rough shape. They then machine the details. This effectively creates a stronger wheel. Companies like HRE machine their wheels out of a forged blank. No die involved. The die forging process is far more expensive on the front end and ultimately yields a superior product.

As far as the "EVO" nomenclature, I believe that's what Akrapovic calls this system. You are right that often their "EVO" kits delete the primary catalytic converters. In this instance the primaries remain in place as they are integrated into the down-pipes. We shall see if they add down pipes in the future.

Which diffuser do you have on your car? Looks good!
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1