11-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #11
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
Looked like the X4M passed the GLC63 at 240KMH (150MPH) and the second dig race passed him at 220KMH (136MPH).

Same from a roll, the X4M only passed the AMG at 220KMH. It even looks like the GLC hit the brakes?!

The BMW has legs on the top end but where in the hell can I race someone to pass them at 135+MPH?

Damn, was hoping for a better result. The GLC pulled a solid 1.5 cars from the get go and the X4M only passed it well into the triple digits.
I agree...for real world driving (if you absolutely have to have an SUV) the GLC is the better choice.

The GLC is making 516 lb. ft. @ 1,750 rpm, vs the M, which is 442 lb. ft. @ 2,600 rpm.

I guess it's splitting hairs really, as it boils down to weight, transmission ratios, and which you prefer for whatever personal reasons.

I happen to think the M looks a million times better, but I just wish that BMW, considering the fact that they're SUV's and not race cars, made the new motor a torque monster down low, sacrificing top end, which for me, is unusable on the street.
Appreciate 0