View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
while I do like the new X5M/X6M, I would much prefer the smaller, more nimble X3M/X4M ... and no, i'm not bias
I agree. For us this size class hits the sweet spot perfectly as well - small enough in tight parking lots for ease of manuevering, excellent handling, yet still providing loads of performance and cargo space (at least the F97). I meant to take an image a few days ago for Transfer but got busy and forgot. He indicated in a much earlier thread he would enjoy '500hp mulch runs', and I did have a full load of garden soil, pine bark nuggets, and 3 gal plants and it held all easily.

And I almost added a line in the chart for the Weight/Power ratio considering IND's Dyno and quarter mile data, confirmed by the Sim, that it probably is more in the range of 8.4 for the F97/98. Will see how future data pans out for the series to see if this was BMW massaging the numbers for the series line so the F97/98 wouldn't usurp their larger, more expensive siblings in the performance numbers. Not that it should matter, for those interested in the F95/96 are more likely to want the finer cabin and suspension elements those provide, regardless of those performance differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear550 View Post
Wow great information. Thanks for putting it all together like this!
Thanks, calbear550
Appreciate 1
nicky dj344.50