View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #61
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

A few comments about that qualy.

First off, it seems to me that Red Bull is almost on the verge of being 'too' successful. Certainly they don't want to walk the championship as that would draw even more attention than it had before. And I must say, I believe they have even more performance out of the car than what was even shown. Horner, in the post qualy interview, looked almost surprised that Seb was 0.7 faster than even P2. The kind of look on his face of someone who just showed a bit too much of their hand.

And as we have yet to even see Vettel and his RB7 remotely contested or in any sort of pressure in a race setting, I'd say Reb Bull actually made a mistake in letting too much of the 'bull' out of the bag today.

As for Vettel, he is a good driver. We all know that, but his pole today was the car. At the top of today's F1, a 0.7s difference is not down to the driver. Things have changed, and with the massive reliance on aerodynamic downforce the driver's simply can't outdrive the car like the greats could even just a decade ago.

Still, it was a good drive by Vettel. Hit all his apexes like he should and he was on form. Hamilton needs to correct his brake locking issue that he has developed this year. Maybe he needs to switch from his current Carbon Industry rotors to Jensen's Brembo's. The 1/10ths that it cost him today though wouldn't have mattered much.