First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 STI - 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2014 Subaru STi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_FriendlyX3M View Post
Update time. Went back to the dealer to pickup my car. The SA brought the shop foreman out and had me explain to him what was going on. He listened while I brought up the few issues around lane keep and the weird acceleration delay. We chatted for a bit and he pointed out that yes, the vehicle I Level was quite old and that he'd bring it up to current (which I believe is about a week old now). He also mentioned there may be the ability for him to add Android Auto which would be cool, if possible.

Bottom line, talk to the right person and state your case and you'll get results. I also chatted with the master tech that worked on my car (replaced a noisy rear strut) and he made mention too about the I Level needing to be current. He shared the same viewpoint as I did where there are certainly benefits to having the car updated to a more current version. He was very friendly and spent about 40 minutes with me just chit chatting.

I should know by Monday how things are looking so I'll follow up then. Big thanks to the folks on here that shared some input on how their scenarios panned out as it helped me build a case for my vehicle. So thanks all!

**I should also add my dealer is aware of my tune and the shop foreman had no issue with that. He only made it clear to me the tune (and any other coding) will be wiped. I already knew this but told him I understand and have no issue with this. The DME will not be locked though since this DME was not part of the newer style ones that are locked from the factory. Only the OBD lock goes back in place and I can unlock using BM3 again.
Fantastic news!! Even more eager to see the results because my only real issue with this car is the acceleration delay.
Appreciate 1