Thread: Paint Peeling
View Single Post
      06-13-2022, 08:27 PM   #204
porkipine69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Can anyone advise me on this situation?

I brought in the car once to my local service advisor in FL. They took pictures and then contacted a rep. The rep responded with a visit but I had already left FL to the west coast for serveral months, the service advisor said ok bring it in when I come back. The response took him 3 weeks so I didn’t want keep waiting before making plans.

The peeling has gotten worse, so I decided to try fixing it here in Seattle figured it would be the same process. I didn’t want to wait till I get the car back to the east coast to do it. So I contacted a service advisor and he asked me to send pictures here in Seattle area (Bellevue BMW). A few hours later the service advisor said the rep responded with “bmw will not cover the repair”. The service advisor told me to contact the selling dealer, which I did and I’m waiting for a response for now.

I’m pissed how this BMW of NA rep would decline a repair if they haven’t even seen the bumper in person. Meanwhile the FL one was going to review in person just timing didn’t work out with me. Multiple body shops have told me this was a poor prep job that’s why the paint isn’t sticking. The bumper has never been repainted so clearly a manufacturers fault.

I know I’m not the only person with this issue so I wanted to know if anyone knows any keywords or internal bulletin where I can point this regional NOrth America BMW Rep to. Is there something I need to say to even get this guy to come out to look at it. I haven’t responded to the new service advisor yet after he told me to contact the selling dealer. In my mind, wtf is the selling dealer going to do, but I’m always open to options so doesn’t hurt to try. I was thinking I would come here for a little advice before responding.
Appreciate 0